Sunday 15 April 2012

Sporty Bishounen and Musical Bromance

I am allowed to fangirl. That, originally, was the whole point of this blog.

SO, for a while my Spring 2012 was DRAGGING, considering Sakamichi no Apollon and Ginga e Kickoff! were only out/subbed this week and I'm still missing Hyou-ka and Gokujyo from my 'definite' list back on March 28th blog post.

The only thing I had going for me was Kuroko no Basuke, and I was quite happy with it.

I love shounen sport for a few reasons:
  • The plot/drama/competitiveness the comes with a sport anime.
  • The excitement.
  • The Bishounen. 
Yes. What of it? Like POT didn't milk out the last reason. 



Kuroko no Basuke
Once upon a time, the basketball team of Teikou Middle School rose to distinction by demolishing all competition. The regulars of this team became known as the "Generation of Miracles". After graduating from middle school, these five stars went to different high schools with top basketball teams. However, a fact few know is that there was another player of the "Generation of Miracles", the phantom sixth player. This mysterious player is now a freshman at Seirin High, a new school with a powerful, if little-known, team. Now, Tetsuya Kuroko, the sixth member of the "Generation of Miracles", and Kagami, a naturally talented player who spent most of middle school in America, are aiming to bring Seirin to the top of Japan, taking on Kuroko's old teammates one by one. ~Wikipedia~


Genres: Comedy, School Life, Sport, Shounen, Drama, Full of Bishounen

Can't really say more than that...pretty much explains it. 

Its not straight basketball of course. Since when did anime sport just depict the sport?! Obviously they have powers. 

With the first 3 episodes, we sort of know 2/6 of the Generation of Miracles "powers", but its not going to go that fast.

Its exciting where it needs to be, hilarious in other parts, and has great animation!

Anyway, meet Kuroko and Kagami! Kuroko promises to be the "shadow" to Kagami's "light" to be Japan's No.1. Meaning, 'I will be your support'.


Meet our Captain ~and my love at first introduction~ Hyuuga. Our awesome Coach, Aida Rika. And the Team!




VERY excited for this series. It promises to be a very upbeat anime with all the elements of a Sport anime!




Now, on to a series I specifically put into my 'definite' watch list because its synopsis screamed BROMANCE. Because the only thing GREATER then random bishounen, is Bromance between Bishounen.

Yes. What of it? Like No.6 didn't milk that out. 

I am not talking about yaoi, so take a chill pill. 

Sakamichi no Apollon (Kids On The Slope)
Because of his father's job situation, freshman high school student Kaoru Nishimi moves by himself from Yokosuka to Kyushu to live with relatives. Until then, Kaoru was an honor roll student who tended to keep to himself, but meeting notorious bad boy Sentaro Kawabuchi starts to change him. Through his devil-may-care classmate, Kaoru learns the attractions of jazz and finds the first person he can call a “friend”. He also discovers how much fun it is to play music with a pal.
Other characters include Sentaro's kind childhood chum, Ritsuko, who is the daughter of a record shop owner; the mysterious upperclassman, Yurika; and Brother Jun, the much-admired leader among their peers. Set against the backdrop of a seaside town with a scent of American culture, this series is a drama about young people coming into their own, crossing each other's paths, and finding friendship, love, and music!


I believe it was meant to be set in the 60s, too.

Genres: Drama, Historical, Music, Slice of Life, Romance

Apparently, it won the 57th Shogakukan Manga Award for general manga.

Okay, before I get into what I want to. Please don’t think that the only thing this series has to offer is the bromance which may or may not even be there.

The art, the animation, the mellow yet intense feeling, the BEAUTY of this anime cannot be described in words. The movements/animation during the fight scene and the drumming scene had me struck! The rain scene too!

The colouring and art gives such a realistic feel. I thought it was simply amazing, and by far one of the best I’ve seen.

Some idiots are able to clearly see the difference in animation to other anime but for some reason declared it

Just fools.

SO, did I get what I was wishing for??

Hmmm, this was the meeting of our two protagonists:


BOOM! Let the BROMANCE begin!

I was so happy when they chilled in the rain. Sentaro is so easy going he makes me laugh; and it feels like he ca n open a bigger world for our lonely Kaoru. No, it feels like they can both open each other a wider world.

So far, I am most excited for the series in my Spring 2012 collection.



Watch them! Check it out! And let me know what you think?!


xoxo




Okay so what do these two lovely boys have in common?





I love them. They both feature in this article.


Better yet, what do all these boys have in common?


Top left to right: Nezumi from No.6, Shiraishi from POT
Bottom left to right: Arata from Chihayafuru, Sorinozuka from InuxBoku SS, Hyuuga from Kuroko no Basuke.
Far right: Sentaro from Kids on the Slope.


An accent?


Not quite.


In fact all these lovely bishounen, who hold a special place in my heart, share a Seiyuu (Voice Actor). Meet Yoshimasa Hosoya! My new favourite seiyuu!  Ganbatte, Hosoya-sensei!


Fun times!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

DROP ME A WORD OR TWO! ^^